Thursday, December 2, 2010

Library Thing

Well I have spent soooooooooooooooo much time trying to add a widget to this blog - to no avail- just get comments like 'URL contains illegal characters, that I am giving up'. I can see the possible applications of tagging in the library especially for reference work, for those 'repeat' questions. Great application possibilities for the school side of our community libraries.
I was going to call this week's blog Home Valley and post my ongoing Kimberley photo, but it all takes so long (especially from home) - probably 30 minutes or so and I have already spent a good hour on this widget thing........................
Here we go again
Some books in my library
Wow my first widget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Claire

4 comments:

  1. I hope you find some long lost friends, I know I have over the past few years that I've been using Facebook. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it would definitely require that time commitment, but hopefully it would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you say it's important to make sure that the information is being constantly added and updated, users expect to be able to get most information online these days. It's very frustrating when you encounter old sites that have out-of-date information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Facebook can be so useful as a marketing tool in a professional setting. I think one of the dangers with Facebook is the convergence of professional and private life.

    ReplyDelete